Oelkes in Viet Nam


Wednesday, March 24, 2010

21 hours and counting!

I cannot believe we are ready to go!  I have never been ready for a trip like I am for this one!  Work is caught up as much as it can be and our bags are packed and already loaded in the car!  Phil & I actually went out for dinner tonight!  Brianna was happy to stay home with Grandma.  Usually, I am working or packing until 1:00 am!

We are as ready as we can be for a 27+ hour trip.  We fly from Milwaukee to Chicago to Seoul to Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam!  We leave at 7:00 am central time on Thursday and we arrive in Vietnam about 11:00 am central time on Friday! 

We will have 1 full day in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) to have fun (and shop) and hopefully recover a bit from jetlag before we leave for Kien Giang which is almost as far south as you can go in Vietnam and very close to Cambodia.  They are saying it is a 7 hour bus trip but I'm not so sure.  When I adopted Brianna in 1998 it was closer to 9-10 hours in the van.  Since then, however, they have built bridges which will eliminate the need for at least some ferries.  I can't wait to see it. 

When we visited in 2008 we flew from HCMC to Kien Giang.  It was much quicker, but if I'm on a "vacation" I want to see the sites!  I'm probably the only one looking forward to a 7+ hour bus trip!

Next time you'll read about our adventures from 1/2 way around the world!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment